Friday, December 08, 2006

Baking soda in odd places

I got my teeth cleaned today and normally I would not blog about it, but my new dentist introduced me to a new piece of teeth cleaning hardware. When it came time to get my teeth polished, I was given two options. Option one, the standard flavored sand-gel that gets smeared all over my teeth by a little plastic rubbing thing. Option two, have a mixture of baking soda, salt, and water sprayed onto my teeth. Sprayed? I asked. More like sandblasting, I was told. How could I resist such a sales technique? I opted for the sandblasting partially from curiosity and partially because this option put less wear and tear on my teeth.
Hoo-buddy. My attendant wasn't kidding about the sandblasting reference. Thousands of tiny bits of grit blasted into my mouth making my tongue and lips spasm before going numb from the bombardment. Ladies, think of face scrubs that advertise microderm abrasion and imagine using it as mouth wash. Fellas, think of the finest grained sandpaper and then think of rubbing your lips with it. Add a saltwater flavor like you drinking straight from the Gulf and voila! Instantly clean teeth. My teeth have never felt this slick or looked so shiny before. If you can stand the stinging and the fresh from the ocean taste, this is not a bad way to go. I'll probably do it again on my next visit...if I can get all of the baking soda bits out of my nose, my hair, everywhere where the stray spray went. Very messy, but you'll have awesome teeth. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome! i'm going to ask my dentist if they offer the sandblasting option. :D

Friday, December 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home