Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Geek Likes Cooking

All is well here in Tennessee. Classes are starting to be interesting now that my brain has made the switch from its vacation setting and work a the bookstore is just a fabulous as ever. I just wanted to note that my inner geek has finally decided to make herself known to the Tennessee folks who might not have met her yet. At my geek's urging, I finally bought the Alton Brown, "Death to Uni-Taskers," T-shirt. If you are in the dark as to what I am referring to, I believe you just passed the non-uber geek test with flying colors. (Well, you may not make it if you know the Vulcan version of aloha or can name all of the core members of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Scooby Gang...) Here's what the shirt looks like. It combines my love of graphic novels and funky T-Shirts with my fascination with a cool-yet-geeky cooking show. Ah, joy!
I think I will try to make my own version of sushi-maki rolls when the shirt gets here, just to break it in. Here's to celebrating that which makes us happy...and perhaps a bit geeky too. Hurrah!

1 Comments:

Blogger typingelbow said...

You are such a wonderful geeky beauty, Mary B.! (And I bet Alton wishes he was as ripped as his t-shirt character!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home