Monday, January 08, 2007

Start the Year with a Vacation

Ah, I have finally gotten my EB/Mom fix that I had been craving for almost half a year. The three amigas reunited in New York City for New Year's. We ate, laughed, and walked until our legs felt like they were going to fall off. EB's fiancee John was really nice considering we made him homeless for a full week while the Butler gals took over the apartment.
The trip was really fun. I had my usual can't-get-used-to-this freak out, where my brain overloads with the reality that is New York. Then once the reboot took hold, I was fine and was full-on-in-the-city-mode. Mom wandered the Metropolitan museum for hours with EB and I tagging along. I loved the Tiffany lamp section and EB loved the costume section. Mom loved it all. :)
We ate lunch in the restaurant where John works, Le Bernardin. I dressed in my best New Yorker black and hoped that I wouldn't bring shame to my family by eating the garnish off of my plate. I was worried for nothing. Le Bernardin was amazing. Each course was new and exciting to me and not only were we treated like princess V.I.Ps, we were allowed back into the kitchen to thank John in person. I was never made to feel inferior and the food was excellent.
As for the rest of my trip, we shopped at all of the New Year's sales, ate raw oysters and clams on the sidewalk in the Bronx, found that I had terrific taste in handbags when my first choice came to damn near $200 dollars (I'll visit it again, but I cannot afford to be its new mommy), sat on my sister's rooftop and watched 2007 be celebrated with gorgeous fireworks, talked my Mom and sister into watching, "Slither," for the first time, and going to the theater to watch the awesome, "Pan's Labyrinth."
We did so much, there's no way I can fit it all into this blog. I got my family fix, where I'm hugged and told, through voice and action, that I am loved and that I belong. My next fix will be in June when the entire clan gathers to witness Elisabeth and John's nuptials. Summer cannot get here fast enough, but until then, I will be working my way towards my degree and hopefully a job that will allow me to visit my family more often. Happy New Year, folks!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

wish i coulda seen ya kid.

Monday, January 08, 2007  
Blogger typingelbow said...

sniff sniff! i love you, pumpkin! we'll get to the octopus balls next time.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home