Sunday, June 22, 2008

Time Passes

I've been meaning to post an update since March, but I kept putting it off for one reason or another. A lot has happened since my last post. My grandmother left this world in late March and, as I like to think of it, went to find my grandfather to see what he's been up to since they last were together. I finally earned my masters degree in Information Science, and have already had my first eight hour long interview for a librarian position. That interview turned out to be mere practice (much to my surprise), but now I'll know what to expect during the next one.
It has been two years since I've gone without a goal to achieve. I'm floating as I look for positions that I'm qualified for. It's kind of like summer vacation again. I've been hiking with friends, going to see movies, (Get Smart made my abs hurt from laughing and I'm so excited about Wall-E), and just relaxing. I'm re-polishing my resume and investigating leads on possible positions, but that doesn't take up all of my time the way school and interview preparation did. Work is good because I'm playing with all kinds of software like Garageband and Dreamweaver at one job, and catching up on the latest summer reads at the other.
Life is fluid at the moment. Things are changing from one minute to the next. I relatively unencumbered and can set up shop in a different town or state if I need to. It's scary and exhilarating all at the same time. I go from being petrified that I won't get a job in time to start making good on my loans to giddy that I might get to move to a new and exciting place to try to get the required job. Hopefully, my next post will show some progress from this state of things, but for now, I'm cool with it. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt Chuck said...

While reading this post and thinking of movies I could see the picture of the Bunny Buns and it Seemed like a gel from a b horror movie. Maybe a sequel is in order. Sounds like you are having fun .

Friday, June 27, 2008  
Blogger typingelbow said...

The adventure is just getting started!

Monday, June 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home