Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Just a Month!

The big event is coming up fast and I am getting so excited. My sister Elisabeth will be trading vows with her sweetie John in June, and I get to hop a plane to California to take part in the wedding. I have tried on my cornflower blue bridesmaid gown once a month for the past six months to make sure I didn't need to make an emergency appointment with a seamstress.
I have about a month left before I head to California, but I have already started a list of what I will need to pack into my brand new blue suitcase. Some of the major items listed are things my duties as a bridesmaid will require. You know, pain killers to head off pre-wedding headaches (or hangovers...), Shout! wipes to keep all of the dresses spot free, running shoes for sprinting in case something has to be fetched from Walgreen's...You get the picture. It is the bridal party's duty to bend over backwards to make sure that the bride (in the case of the bride's maids) and the groom (in the case of the groom's men) have a few worry free hours before their nuptials. I haven't been able to do a heck of a whole lot yet for my sister because of my geographic position (I live several states away from all of my family and that makes visits very difficult and expensive...), so I plan to make myself as useful as possible when I'm finally able to do so.
This wedding is the first for this generation of Butlers. Elisabeth is the eldest of four siblings and this event is like the marriage of the Crown Princess. She is going to kick off the beginning of the cycle for all of us younger adults. In fact, our step-sister Kirby will be getting married in the not too distant future and she's looking forward to examining Elisabeth's ceremony so she can come up with ideas for her own. As for me, I may jump into the fray to catch the bouquet, but only because I want to smell the flowers, not because I want to join the queue for marriage. I'm not mature enough to take such a risk. People risk a lot with marriage besides their heart. To willingly trust another person to share and invest in a mutual future is awesome. I can't wait to help a loving couple have a great send off.
My next blog will probably be called, "Adventures in a Blue Formal: Tales of the Bridesmaids." Until then!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger typingelbow said...

And now I'm crying at work.

I love you, Pumpkin. I hope I can keep from bawling all over your blue dress on the big day. It helps a lot to know that you're just 11 digits away at any time.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home