Friday, July 11, 2008

Cupcakes at Twenty Paces

There's another baker at my current job. We've only recently learned of one another and while we like and respect one another, there's a cupcake throw-down/cookie cage match/cheesecake bake off brewing. We've combined our powers of baking to create heavenly cookie dough ice cream for a recent party, but I think both of us are ready to meet at high noon with spatulas holstered at our hips.
It's so strange. As I write this, I'm smiling and semi-snarling at the same time. I'm sure that an onlooker would have a hard time figuring out if I was happy or criminally insane. I hadn't realized that I was so territorial about baking. My fellow baker recently wandered into my department and doled out brownies to my co-workers. My reaction? The next week I brought chocolate whoopie pies. (Basically two brownies with cream filling smooshed between them.) Take that, punk! I'm looking forward to the next step in our battle. There was talk of red velvet cupcakes. One cannot try to match such richness, but perhaps up the level of sophistication...Fresh cherry scones, anyone?

3 Comments:

Blogger typingelbow said...

Oh, man! The Great Brownie War of 2008 is on!

Yummmmm!

Friday, July 11, 2008  
Blogger ronie said...

I want to come work where you do. I would just HATE to have a couple of people having Bakery Battles in my workplace.

How sad for your co-workers.

Thursday, July 17, 2008  
Blogger Capt Chuck said...

Why do happy and criminal insanity have to be mutually exclusive ?

Sunday, July 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home